The Lufthansa Terminal at Frankfurt Airport
In Frankfurt Airport’s Terminal 1 you will find Lufthansa and all its partners under one roof. Frankfurt Airport’s ideal accessibility ensures a relaxed arrival — no matter whether you arrive by car, train or aircraft.
Spend time. Enjoy time. The new Frankfurt Pier A
With the new Lufthansa Pier A at Frankfurt Airport passengers now have even more options for spending the time before departure in whatever way they wish. If, for example, they want to have a meal, relax or spend their time reading or strolling around the shops, they have had every opportunity to do so in the new Pier A since it opened on 10 October 2012. In one of the most modern terminals ever built, a whole range of new services is available, surpassing the usual airport amenities.
The benefits of the new Pier A at a glance:
- Two market places with a total of 70 retail spaces for shops and catering outlets
- An additional 11 aircraft positions for fewer apron departures
- Four additional A380 positions at Frankfurt Airport
- Five new lounges: two Senator Lounges and two Business Lounges in the new Lufthansa lounge design and a First Class Lounge, which in total extend the current lounge space at Frankfurt Airport by 4,660 m2 to 16,460 m2
- Lounge highlights: WorldShop product displays in the Senator and Business Lounges, DuMont coffee-table books in the First Class Lounge library
- Open gates with the most modern Quick Boarding machines, more seats, integrated sockets, free WLAN and complimentary daily newspapers
- Convenient 1.20-m-wide moving walkways
- Short connection between the new Pier A and the local railway station and the car parks
- Direct access to the Skyline monorail via Gate A15
- Quick access to the airport hotels
- Better orientation through a new route guidance system
- Air-conditioned jetways with windows create a sense of spaciousness and light while boarding
- Washrooms and toilets without main entry doors for greater hygiene
- Public lounges for smokers, with improved smoke extraction systems
- Two quick bus services (Schengen, non-Schengen)
Services at Frankfurt Airport
Take off faster
Through the fast check-in at our Check-in machines and the numerous security check points you will reach your departure gate in no time at all.
Centrally located passport checks speed up your departure. Or you can register your passport data yourself : Easily and comfortably at selected Check-in machines.
With us even your baggage travels shorter distances: After landing and a possible passport control you will receive your baggage safely in no time at all.
The presence of Lufthansa and of the other Star Alliance members under one roof ensures a tight network of optimized connections. This makes the distances shorter and transferring especially fast and pleasant.
Ideal service for passengers with limited mobility
We have set up a special counter for you that has been especially designed to suit your needs. Naturally the whole terminal has been fitted to suit your special requirements like for example bathrooms, telephones and fax machines especially designed for disabled passengers.
Shop and enjoy
Take advantage of the variety of shops, services, restaurants, bars and cafes throughout the terminal. You will find a detailed overview of all the facilities on offer in the terminal plan (see above).
Further information about Frankfurt Airport
You will find plenty of additional information about Frankfurt Airport, such as how to reach the airport by car or public transport, by clicking on the link below:
Frankfurt airport (www.frankfurt-airport.de)